WWR is a 501(c)3 organization and relies on financial gifts to engage in our mission. Help WWR via a gift, telling others about us, and following us on Facebook or Instagram.

Building to Grow!

Jordyn, smiling in her back yard
Say hello to empowered woman Jordyn Ansel! 

Last summer, Jordyn came to a raised garden bed workshop. She hadn't used tools much before that workshop, but her husband had some at home and she was ready to learn. Three hours later, Jordyn had a raised garden bed ready to fill with dirt and garden plants. 

A few weeks later, we learned that Jordyn had felt so confident in her skills that she built a second large planter and an additional smaller planter! In talking with us, Jordyn said, "WWR taught me that I can learn how to build and work with my hands. After taking the raised bed workshop, I don't feel like I need to rely on my husband to build something for me!"


Her garden is growing well again this year, which we are sure is at least partly due to the positive energy and confidence that went into building the raised beds. 

Comments